Latest Posts from our Schools
- FOUR TEACHER ASSISTANTS: AAMMS/GES June 17, 2013
- Internet Outage – UPDATED (AGAIN) June 14, 2013
- Summer School – Secondary Teacher Positions June 13, 2013
- Summer Rec N’ Read Instructors (4) 2013 June 13, 2013
- Competition#13-342 – Four SUmmer Rec N’ Read Instructors June 13, 2013
- Wireless Maintenance June 11, 2013
- Competition#13-338 – Band/Music Teacher – AAMMS/NBES June 4, 2013
- Competition#13-338 – EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ELEMENTARY MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND/MUSIC TEACHER ALVIN A. MCKAY MIDDLE SCHOOL/NATHAN BARTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL The Nisga’a School District is a progressive northern District in British Columbia offering a top salary scale, an excellent benefits package including moving allowance and teacher housing at a reasonable rate. School District No. 92 (Nisga’a) invites teacher applications for an Elementary-Middle School Band teacher. This is an itinerant full-time continuing appointment which begins September 3, 2013. This is a new position and will consist of providing a Band/Music program to the new 5 to 8 middle school in Laxgalts’ap and a general music program to the K to 4 primary school in Gingolx. Please complete the Teacher Application Form found at http://www.nisgaa.bc.ca/employment/ Basic Qualifications: The successful candidate will hold, or be eligible for, a BC Teaching Certificate, be a member in good standing with the Teacher Regulation Branch, AND possess the following: Training Specialization Bachelor of education with a major in music A degree in music Related Teaching Experience Experience in teaching Band and Music Ability to run a balanced music program Recent successful teaching experience in a school setting Other Exceptional interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural setting; and particularly those related to parent and community involvement Flexibility to work on extracurricular activities and performance skills Team player willing to support the School Growth Plan The candidate is expected to have a driver’s license and a reliable vehicle as this position involves travelling the 30 km between these schools. Travel expenses will be reimbursed according to Board Policy. Alvin A. McKay is a newly created 5 to 8 middle school in Laxgalts’ap with 80 students. Nathan Barton Elementary School is a newly created K to 4 school with 70 students. We are seeking a full-time continuing teacher to develop and implement these schools’ music programs that may include music, band, choral and other courses that reflect the expertise of the successful candidate. A Reasonable Expectation based on teacher’s skills, abilities, professional development and overall classroom teaching experience, that the teacher will be able to perform the duties in a successful manner in collaboration with other professional staff For further information contact Mr. Kelly Rambeau at Alvin A. McKay Middle School at 250-621-3277. Applications with supporting documentation should be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on June 10, 2013 to: Competition#13-338 Attn: Philippe Brulot, Superintendent of Schools School District No. 92 (Nisga’a) PO Box 240 New Aiyansh, BC V0J 1A0 Fax: 250-633-2401 Email: email@example.com We wish to thank all applicants and advise only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. June 4, 2013
- Competition#13-337 – Student Counsellor – Nisga’a Elementary Secondary School June 4, 2013
- Regarding Wireless Outage Yesterday June 4, 2013
SubscribeSubscribe to our website, and receive an e-mail notification whenever something new is posted (including job postings, news items, photos, etc).
Nass Valley Cyclists Receive Helmets THE Lisims/Nass Valley RCMP and Gitwinksihlkw Elementary School (GES) partnered up to promote bicycle and road safety with their students...
Nass Valley student wins poster contest THE Lisims/Nass Valley RCMP are pleased to announce that a local kindergarten student has won a nationwide W.I.T.S. (Walk Away,...
Posted on June 17, 2013 | No CommentsSchool District No. 92 (Nisga’a) is accepting applications for three full-time Teacher Assistants at Alvin A. McKay Middle School in Laxgalts’ap BC and one full-time Teacher Assistant at Gitwinksihlkw Elementary School. These positions are 30 hours per week and will begin September 3, 2013. See...
Posted on June 14, 2013 | No CommentsWe are currently experiencing a district wide internet outage. This is effecting the whole district. We are working with PLNet to get this resolved as soon as possible. UPDATE - Entel has found that the problem is with the link between Terrace and New Aiyansh. They...
Posted on June 13, 2013 | No CommentsSecondary Teacher Positions Grade 8 – 12 The School District 92 (Nisga’a) Summer School program requires three certified teachers during the summer from July 8 to July 26, 2013. Applications are invited for the following positions. 1 position – Humanities/Math/Science: GINGOLX 1 position – Math/...
Posted on June 13, 2013 | No CommentsCompetition#13-342 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY 4 – SUMMER REC N’ READ INSTRUCTORS – Summer 2013 GITWINKSIHLKW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ALVIN A. MCKAY MIDDLE SCHOOL NATHAN BARTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL NISGA’A ELEMENTARY SECONDARY SCHOOL Rec n’ Read Rec N’ Read is a 3 week summer program for grade 1-4...
Posted on June 11, 2013 | No CommentsThe tech department is currently working on the wireless system in New Aiyansh, specifically in district housing. It may temporarily fluctuate during this time. It should be back up to full strength before the end of the day.
Posted on June 4, 2013 | No CommentsThe Nisga’a School District is a progressive northern District in British Columbia offering a top salary scale, an excellent benefits package including moving allowance and teacher housing at a reasonable rate. School District No. 92 (Nisga’a) invites teacher applications for an Elementary-Middle School Band teacher....
Posted on June 4, 2013 | No CommentsSchool District No. 92 (Nisga’a) invites applications for the position of Student Counsellor. Situated in the Nass Valley of Northwestern BC the district provides programs and services to approximately 400, predominantly Nisga’a, K-12 learners. The successful candidate will possess an M.A. or M.Ed. in Student...
Posted on June 4, 2013 | No CommentsThe Tech Department would like to apologize for the network outage yesterday during a routine upgrade of our wireless equipment. We had a failure which caused the wireless controller to go down. In working with Meru support we were able to restore wireless service. Again...
Posted on May 27, 2013 | No CommentsWe are currently experiencing intermittent network connectivity with GES, AAMMS and NBES. PLNet has been notified. This will cause issues with the phone systems as well as internet access for the schools. Currently we have not ETA as to when this will be fixed.
Posted on May 14, 2013 | No CommentsBC Hydro Power Outage scheduled for Friday, May 17, 2013 has been postponed. School will be in session on Friday, May 17, 2013. Superintendent & CEO Philippe Brulot